Are you new to raptor rehabilitation? Want to improve your understanding of rehab? Need continuing education credit? This six-week, online course is led by experts from The Raptor Center and can be taken from the comfort of your home!
Raptor rehabilitation is the process of providing medical care and physiotherapy services to injured, sick, and orphaned wild birds of prey. In this instructor-led course, we cover:
- The scientific value and ethical considerations involved in caring for sick and injured wild birds
- Basic avian anatomy and physiology
- Current best practices for patient stabilization, the first phase in raptor rehab
- Safe handling methods
- Conducting a physical exam
- The art of triage and basic emergency care
The focus of the course is on raptors at post-fledging age through adulthood.
There is a weekly live meeting via an online portal each Tuesday night from 7:00 p.m. CT to approximately 8:30 p.m. CT. These presentations will be recorded for alternative viewing times.
This course will be offered again in the fall of 2022.
This course offers up to 9 continuing education credits, as certified by Minnesota’s Board of Veterinary Medicine.