Prepare for your visit to The Raptor Center.
The Raptor Center is located on the St. Paul campus of the University of Minnesota, just west of the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
The Raptor Center
1920 Fitch Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
The cost of parking is not included in any tour or program fee.
- Limited metered spaces are available on the north side of The Raptor Center on Fitch Avenue. ($2.00 per hour / accepts credit cards);
- Gortner Parking Ramp is located across the street from The Raptor Center.
Summer Months (June- August): Meter parking on Carter Avenue.
After dropping off at The Raptor Center, continue south on Gortner Ave. Turn right onto Commonwealth Ave, turn right onto Cleveland Ave and then the next right onto Carter Ave where there are parking meters (accepts credit cards).
School year (Sept.-May): State Fairgrounds.
After dropping off at The Raptor Center, continue north on Gortner Ave. Turn right onto Buford and follow to first stop sign (you will cross Randall Ave) to the parking lot (fee is $6.00 for the day)
Biosecurity to Protect Our Raptors
During spring of 2022, our area saw a significant spike in cases of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI). Our rehabilitation clinic accepted many raptors who tested positive for the virus, and observed that HPAI is almost always fatal to birds of prey.
After HPAI cases significantly reduced in volume, our veterinarians and clinic staff deemed it safe for us to resume our tours with some additional precautions in place. Out of an abundance of caution we are asking all visitors to adhere to the following procedure during their visit to ensure the health and safety of our ambassador birds:
- All visitors are required to either disinfect their shoes using a disinfecting floor mat or wear shoe covers during their visit. Shoe covers are provided on arrival and may easily be slipped on over shoes;
- All visitors are required to use hand sanitizer after putting on shoe covers;
- Wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility aids that have been in contact with the ground outdoors will need to enter across a disinfecting floor mat.
Please let us know before you arrive if you have any questions or concerns. We thank you for helping us to provide the best lives for all the birds who call The Raptor Center home!