Join our Raptor Center team! Explore our current open positions below:
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities
- Recruit, orient, and schedule volunteers for core volunteer crews (clinic, flight, education, rescue/transport, carpentry)
- Work with unit leads to develop new volunteer opportunities
- Work with unit leads to create/update/maintain an online training portal
- Keep volunteers informed of TRC activities and offerings (via a monthly digital newsletter or other tools)
- Maintain a volunteer database
- Coordinate volunteer recognition activities, special events, and enrichment opportunities.
- Create partnerships with peer organizations to enhance volunteer offerings
- Supervise front desk staff, students, and temporary workers.
- Other duties as assigned
Volunteer Coordinator Qualifications
- BA/BS with at least 2 years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal six years
- A demonstrated minimum of 200 hours volunteering for a cause/facility
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating special events
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to connect with people of all ages/backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- Comfortable being around large birds
- Two years previous experience managing a core of 50+ volunteers
Apply for Volunteer Coordinator Role
Visit the University's hiring site and search for Job ID 357610 (listed as job title "Volunteer Coordinator"). Applications mailed to The Raptor Center will not be considered.
Cover letter and resume required. These documents can be attached to your application by assessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there. This position will remain open until filled. For the best chance to be considered, apply as soon as you are able.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please email [email protected] or call (612) 624-8647