Celebrate your birthday with raptors!
We are currently unable to host hatchday parties at our site. Please reach out to our team to discuss virtual or outdoor options at your location: (612) 624-2756 or [email protected]
You’ll enjoy our Raptors of Minnesota program along with a private event space for your group. See three live raptors up close as we explore the different raptors found in Minnesota and their role in the environment.
The auditorium program with live birds is followed by a tour of The Raptor Center’s outdoor housing area, where you’ll see our education raptors and learn their stories. Finally, we’ll move you into your own party room where kids and parents will be able to create crafts and play games.
Program and tour last 1-hour, after which your group will have private access to our party room for an hour.
All Hatchday parties include:
- Private “Raptors of Minnesota” program with at least three live raptors, such as a hawk, owl, and falcon
- A tour of The Raptor Center's education facility, including the Susan Wilder Visitor Center and the outdoor Douglas Dayton Education Wing* where our education raptors are housed (tours do not go outside during inclement weather or during housing maintenance)
- 1-hour private party room rental, set‐up with decorations
- Use of our kitchen including sink, refrigerator, and freezer
*The Douglas Dayton Education Wing is a covered open-air courtyard, please advise guests to dress for the weather.
- Any food or beverages you want to bring (our kitchen is available for your use)
- Paper goods and silverware
- Crafts and/or games (no balloons please, if they pop it can spook the birds)
Saturday and Sunday 10:30—12:30 or 2:00—4:00
These prices are all‐inclusive (no additional charge for room rental or program)
- Minimum age for a party is five years old
- Maximum party size of 30 people, including adults and children
|Number of children at party||Price|
|Up to 10 children||$200|
|Each additional child after 15||$15 each|
No charge for adults and children under two years old.
Schedule your Hatchday party:
To schedule your Hatchday Party, contact The Raptor Center at 612‐624‐2756 or [email protected].
*Note that hatchday party times book quickly, in order to ensure the best availability for your group, reach out at least three weeks before your desired date.TRC recognizes your plans may change and you may need to cancel your reservation. There is no cancellation fee for hatchdays cancelled up to three weeks before your scheduled date. Cancellations made within three weeks of your reservation will incur a $65 cancellation fee.
When scheduling, please have the following information ready:
- Party date and time
- Birthday child's name and age
- Estimated number of kids attending and their grade/ages
- Estimated number of adults attending
- Any special needs or accommodation requests
- Contact name
- Home address and phone number
- E-mail address
- How you heard about us