Choose a program to fit your needs
Call 612-624-2756 or email [email protected] to discuss program content.
Trip details and preparations
Lunch- TRC does not have space for groups to eat lunch inside. Students may eat bag lunches outside on the lawn as weather permits. Groups may eat at the St. Paul Student Center.
Special accommodations- Our building and most of the outdoor courtyard are wheelchair accessible. Tell us about special needs when you book your field trip.
The Raptor Center rules- Please go over proper behavior for a field trip. Remember, your experience includes wild animals that need a calm and quiet atmosphere to be comfortable
Tours do not go outside during inclement weather or during courtyard maintenance (for your safety.)
Directions to The Raptor Center
The Raptor Center is located on the St. Paul campus of the University of Minnesota, just west of the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Our address and parking information can be found on our visit page.
- $5.50 per student/senior
- $8.00 per adult
- $70 minimum fee
Payment is accepted at the front desk when you arrive for the field trip (we accept cash, check, or credit card)
Cancellations must be made in writing two weeks in advance of your program date. For cancellations with less than two weeks notice, a $65 fee will be charged.
Chaperones- We require 1 adult for every 10 students.
Group sizes- Maximum group size: 90 people
The Raptor Center is dedicated to providing all guests the best experience and are proud to offer special rates for qualifying organizations.
Discounts are as follows:
- Schools or school programs where more than 90 percent of students are eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced-price Lunch Program can visit The Raptor Center at no charge.
- Schools or school programs where 76-89 percent of students are eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced-price Lunch can receive a 75 percent discount.
- Schools or school programs where 50-75 percent of students are eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced-price Lunch can receive a 50 percent discount.
*Groups that are not schools or school programs (scout groups, summer camps, community groups, private groups) should use data from the school that most participants are from.
- This discount is NOT available for programs scheduled in April or May.
- This discount is only available for groups with 90 attendees or fewer.
To apply for a discount, email [email protected]
Tuesday through Friday between 10:30am and 4pm (not available 11:15-12:15)
Saturday and Sunday:
- 2-3 pm
- 3-4 pm
If you have questions about program requests outside of the above times, please email [email protected] or call 612-624-2756